Karuveppilai Kuzhambu Recipe | Curry Leaves Kuzhambu
Karuveppilai Kuzhambu Recipe is a very flavourful and healthy
. This Curry leaves kuzhambu tastes better the next day with the unique aroma of curry leaves.
Gravy, Kuzhambu Varieties
1 Cup = 250 ML, 1 tsp = 5 ML
Curry Leaves / கருவேப்பில்லை
Medium gooseberry sized
Tamarind / புளி
7 to 8
Shallots / Small Onion / சின்ன வெங்காயம்
Garlic / பூண்டு
Tomato / தக்காளி
Turmeric Powder / மஞ்சள்தூள்
Pepper Powder / மிளகுத்தூள்
Sambar Powder / Kuzhambu Milagai Powder
Link for Sambar Powder
Salt / உப்பு
Jaggery / வெல்லம்
Mustard Seeds / கடுகு
Methi Seeds / Fenugreek / வெந்தயம்
Urad Dal / உளுத்தம்பருப்பு
Jeera / சீரகம்
Karuvadagam / கருவடகம்
Link for thalippu vadagam
Red Chilli / வரமிளகாய்
Oil / எண்ணெய்
Peel the skin of the shallots, garlic and chop it finely. Then, chop the tomatoes too.
The ingredients kept in this pic are '
Now, measure and keep all the other spice powders ready.
Soak the tamarind in hot water for 20 minutes. Then, squeeze the tamarind, extract the water and discard the pulp.
Remove the curry leaves from the stem and then rinse it well.
Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan and add the curry leaves. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes in low flame, till the moisture is absorbed.
Transfer the curry leaves to a mixer.
Pour 1 cup of water and grind it to a smooth paste.
Heat 2 to 3 tbsp of sesame oil in pan, and temper with the ingredients listed in the table '
'. Then, add the chopped shallots, garlic and saute till translucent.
Now, add the tomatoes and saute till mushy.
Pour the tamarind extract and let it boil for 2 minutes. Now, add the turmeric powder, pepper powder,
and required salt.
Mix well and boil for another 2 minutes.
Now, pour the ground curry leaves. Boil for 5 minutes in low flame, till the raw smell of the curry leaves wafts off. The oil separates now.
Add the powdered jaggery.
Mix well and the gravy is ready now, it tastes too good after 2 hours or the next day.
Serve this Karuvepillai Kuzhambu Recipe with steamed rice and a
Tips for Curry Leaves Kulambu
1. You can grind the curry leaves without sauteing. But check whether the raw smell of the curry leaves has gone after boiling the gravy.
2. Also, use fresh curry leaves to get a nice aroma and vibrant colour.
3. Use sesame oil only, which gives a great taste and also add it generously.
4. For more flavour, if you have ‘
’ in hand, don’t skip to add it.
5. I suggest using shallots, which lends an excellent taste to the Karuvepillai Kuzhambu Recipe.
6. Adjust red chilli and pepper powder as per spice level required.
can be replaced with Kulambu Milagai Thool too.
8. Addition of jaggery at last helps to enhance the taste of the Curry Leaves Kuzhambu.
9. This kuzhambu tastes good as it gets older and stays good for a week under refrigeration.
Curry Leaves Kuzhambu, Karuvepillai Kuzhambu Recipe