First, rinse the skin of mango well and dry it for 2 to 3 hours. Ensure there is no moisture in the mango, for better shelf life. Then, chop the mango finely, with or without skin, as preferred. Also, measure and keep all the ingredients by side. I had fenugreek powder readily in hand if you don't have, dry roast little fenugreek in a pan and once it cools down, grind it in a mixer little coarsely.
To a mixing bowl, add the chopped mango, turmeric powder, chilli powder, fenugreek powder and required salt. Mix everything well and be sure the spice powders coat the mango well.
In a tadka pan, heat sesame oil and add mustard seeds. Once it starts to crack, add red chilli, hing and curry leaves.
Finally, pour the seasoning over the mango and mix everything well. Once it cools down, store it in a clean and dry bottle or jar. Enjoy this Mango Pickle Kerala Style with a bisibelebath.
Tips for Instant Mango Pickle Recipe
1. After rinsing the raw mango, dry it for minimum 2 hours. Ensure there is no moisture in the mango for better shelf life.
2. I used the raw mango with skin, if you don't prefer, peel the skin and use it.
3. Always slice the raw mango into fine pieces, so the spice powders and flavours get infused well.
4. Furthermore, for vibrant colour use Kashmiri chilli powder, but I used regular one only.
5. Adjust chilli powder as per spice level preferred for this instant mango pickle recipe.
6. Tempering in sesame oil lends more flavour to the pickle. Similarly, mustard oil, sunflower oil can also be used.
7. Add hing and curry leaves generously which adds more flavour to the mango pickle Kerala style.
8. The shelf life of this pickle is 2 days when kept outside and 1 week under refrigeration.
9. Always store it in a clean - dry bottle and use a dry spoon every time to avoid spoiling. 10. Usually in most pickle recipes oil will float on top, which gives long shelf life. Therefore, you can increase the oil to 4 tblsp also.
Keyword Instant Mango Pickle Recipe, Mango Pickle Kerala Style