Jaljeera Recipe / How to make Jaljeera Drink / Jal Jeera Recipe is a popular summer drink in India. It is a natural, best summer drink or coolant and can be had during stomach upset as it hydrates and rejuvenates the body.
Finally, squeeze lemon juice and mix everything well. Refrigerate for an hour or top up with ice cubes and boondi and serve it chilled.
Do try this Jaljeera Recipe for this Holi Festival.
1. Use fresh mint - coriander leaves for a good taste and bright colour.
2. Don't add mint leaves more than mentioned otherwise the Jal Jeera Recipe tastes bitter. If it tastes bitter, add 1 tbsp of lemon juice more.
3. Adjust the spice powders as per your taste required for this Jaljeera Recipe.
4. For a sweet aroma, even 1/4 tsp of fennel seeds powder can be used.
5. For a nice taste, the sourness from the tamarind and tanginess from the lemon juice should be perfectly balanced.
6. To short cut the process you can use readymade/store-bought Jaljeera powder too.
7. Don't skip black salt or sugar as it the key ingredient of the drink.
8. This Jaljeera tastes better when served chilled and stays good for 1 day under refrigeration.
9. For a Jaljeera Soda Recipe, use an equal quantity of water and plain soda.