Vermicelli popsicle Recipe / Semiya paal Ice with step by step pics and a short YouTube video. A yummy, creamy, delicious popsicle that is much needed for this scorching summer heat. We also call it as Semiya Kuchi Ice in ‘Tamil’ and it has become an extinct one nowadays. Already, I have shared other popsicles like Paal Ice, Grape Ice, do check those interesting recipes too.
Checkout my youtube video for this recipe
Vermicelli popsicle Recipe / Semiya paal Ice recipe is a yummy, creamy, delicious popsicle that is much needed for this scorching summer heat. We also call it as Semiya Kuchi Ice in 'Tamil' and it has become an extinct one nowadays.
- 1 Litre Milk
- 1/4 Cup Vermicelli / Semiya
- 2 tbsp Milk Powder (Optional)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
First measure and keep all the ingredients ready.
Dry roast vermicelli for 1 minute in low flame, till golden colour (I used pre-roasted vermicelli, so skipped roasting). Pour the milk over the roasted vermicelli.
Let the milk boil for 10 minutes in low flame. By the time, the vermicelli gets cooked. Press the vermicelli with your fingers, if it's soft it is cooked. Then add milk powder in a sprinkled way and stir well, ensure there is no lumps.
Add sugar and stir till it dissolves. When it becomes creamy in consistency (not too thick or watery), switch off flame.
Add vanilla essence, mix well and let it cool down completely. Take the popsicle mould and fill it to 3/4th level to each mould. Before filling in the mould, stir it else the vermicelli settles at the bottom.
Cling it with aluminium wrap and insert an ice-cream stick in the center of each mould.
Freeze it for minimum 6 to 8 hours or overnight. To de-mould the popsicle, show the mould in running water or keep it in warm water for 2 seconds. Then carefully pull the popsicle out.
Enjoy this vermicelli popsicle recipe during the noon time.
2. Use full fat milk to get a creamy vermicelli popsicle recipe.
3. Ensure the vermicelli is fully cooked, before adding sugar, else it won’t get cooked after.
4. Addition of milk powder is optional. But it lends more taste to the semiya paal ice recipe.
5. Even 2 tbsp of condensed milk can be added. It lends creaminess and taste, but reduce the sugar level.
6. Instead of vanilla essence, even 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder or saffron strands can be used.
7. Always cool down the mixture and then pour it to the popsicle mould.
8. Before pouring the mixture into the mould stir it, else the vermicelli settles in the bottom.
9. If you don’t have popsicles mould, use small tumblers or disposable cups. Cling wrap it and insert a stick.
10. Freezing time suggested is minimum 6 to 8 hours or overnight.