Vegetable Pulav Recipe, a simple one pot meal with loads of veggies and flavour of ghee especially a kids friendly dish. It is also known as pilaf, and it is a simple, aromatic rice that can be seen in parties, buffets as it is liked by everyone irrespective of ages. This veg pulao recipe goes very well with aloo gobi, veg korma and masala papad.
1. Instead of basmati rice, jeeraga samba or regular sona masoori rice can also be used.
2. Soaking the rice is very important, as it helps to get soft and separate rice grains.
3. Veggies like potato, cauliflower, sweet corn or even mushroom can be used.
4. Adjust green chilli as per spice level required for this vegetable pulav recipe.
5. Addition of tomato is purely optional, it can be replaced with few drops of lemon juice at last.
6. Tempering in ghee adds nice flavour to the veg pulao recipe. If worried about calories oil can be used.
7. Don’t skip bay leaf when tempering, as it adds excellent aroma to the rice.
8. Instead of water, rice can be cooked in coconut milk also, it lends rich taste.
9. Don’t pour more water for the rice, than mentioned as it turns the pulao mushy.
10. This pulao can also be pressure cooked for 2 whistles.
11. Mint leaves can be replaced with coriander leaves. Both can also be used as it adds extra flavour.