Looking for an instant, easy, fatafat breakfast recipe that can be done in a breeze in the busy morning hours. Then this Veg omelette recipe / Vegetable omelette recipe is the best choice. I have added only onion and tomato here, but you can use finely chopped veggies like carrot, beans, capsicum… etc to make it more nutritious and colourful. It is a perfect brunch recipe for the lazy weekends and even this omelette can be clubbed with bread to make a sandwich for a filling breakfast.
Veg omelette recipe / Vegetable omelette recipe is a perfect brunch recipe for the lazy weekends and even this omelette can be clubbed with bread to make a sandwich for a filling breakfast.
- 1 Cup Besan Flour / Gram Flour
- 1 tbsp All Purpose Flour / Maida Optional
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder Link for garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 Inch Ginger
- Salt As Required
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves
Sieve the gram flour to avoid any lumps. Then measure and keep all the dry ingredients by side.
Chop onion, green chilli and ginger finely. Then de-seed the tomato and chop it finely. To the gram flour, add chopped onion, tomato, green chilli, ginger and coriander leaves.
Then add maida, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala powder.
Add required salt, then pour water (about 1 cup) little by little. Whisk it for 3 to 4 minutes, there should not be any lumps. Then keep aside for 5 minutes.
The batter should be in pouring consistency, not too thick or watery, should be like dosa batter. Heat a tawa / pan, sprinkle little water and if the water evaporates immediately, then the tawa is ready to make omelette. Pour 1 ladle of batter in the center and spread the batter in circular motion slightly. Drizzle oil all over the omelette and cook for 2 minutes in very low flame.
Sprinkle crushed pepper powder. Once it turns to golden colour, flip it to the other side and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Don't do it in high flame, else it remain uncooked inside. Do the same with the remaining batter.
Enjoy this Vegetable Omelette recipe with Tomato sauce.
Tips for Vegetable Omelette Recipe
1. Use good quality gram flour, so the vegetable omelette recipe tastes good.
2. Addition of all purpose flour/maida acts as a binding agent, but it’s optional only.
3. Finely chopped veggies like carrot, capsicum, beans etc can be added to make it more nutritious.
4. Tomato should be fully de-seeded and then used, else the batter turns watery.
5. Don’t add more tomato, otherwise the veg omelette recipe tastes tangy.
6. Adjust green chilli and chilli powder as per spice level required.
7. Addition of garam masala powder is optional, but it adds more flavour to the dish.
8. Ensure the batter is smooth without any lumps and add water little by little only.
9. Always cook the omelette in medium flame, so it gets cooked inside well, else it smells raw.
10. Don’t skip crushed pepper powder at last, as it lends more flavour and taste.