Todays post is about a very famous Iyengar Bakery Vegetable Masala Sandwich / Bread Masala Toast Recipe. It can also be called as open sandwich and it tastes so delicious and it has an amazing flavour. If you have fuzzy kids at home then this is the right choice to make them eat veggies, as they couldn’t identify the traces of vegetables hidden in it. You can alter the vegetables as per your choice, but the original recipes calls for onions and carrots only. This recipe is not only famous in Bangalore and I have tasted it so many times in Chennai and in my hometown Trichy as well. When I posted Iyengar Bakery Eggless Honey Cake recipe, I got request to post their other signature recipes also. As I have tried it so many times I was very confident to post this recipe.
Checkout the youtube video here
1. Veggies choice is purely optional. Cabbage, peas, beans etc can also be used. But the original recipe calls for onions and carrots only.
2. Few Mint leaves can be used for more flavour for this vegetable masala sandwich.
3. Garam masala can be replaced with kitchen king masala or chat masala.
4. The actual bread toast masala recipe is made with more onions and less carrots.
5. Whole wheat bread / milk bread can also be used for this recipe but I used sandwich bread.
6. A layer of tomato ketchup or butter can be used before spreading the veggie mixture.
7. For low calorie version ghee can be replaced with oil while toasting the breads.
8. This is an open sandwich only but you can make it as toasted or grilled sandwich.