Vegetable Biriyani Recipe / Veg Biryani Recipe is my all time favourite. Though there are so many biryani varieties, this is the staple method prepared by me, all through these years and this is my mom’s signature recipe. This biryani taste so delicious with the flavour of coconut milk and I have no words to describe the taste. Don’t hesitate to try it out by just giving a glance at the ingredients list. If you organize everything before cooking it is a very easy one pot meal, and a simple raitha is enough to have a hearty meal.
1. Jeeraga samba rice / biryani rice can also be used. I used basmati rice.
2. Adjust Chilli as per your spice level to this veg biryani recipe.
3. Veggies choice is purely optional, cauliflower, potato etc can also be used.
4. You can skip grinding ginger – garlic and use 2 tblsp of readymade ginger garlic paste.
5. I used cashews for grinding, it gives a very rich taste to this vegetable biriyani recipe.
6. If preferred 1/8 cup of curd can be added, which gives a restaurant touch to the dish.
7. Addition of coconut milk lends more flavour and also don’t reduce the quantity.
8 .If you are calorie conscious, reduce the ghee quantity and go with oil.
9. For more flavour 2 tsp of biriyani masala powder can be used.
10. If you have black stone flower in hand, never miss to add it, which lends a wonderful aroma to the whole dish.