This Year Ugadi Festival falls on 13 April 2021, the first day of New Year in Andhra, Karnataka, Telangana and celebrated as Gudipadwa in Maharashtra. This Ugadi Pachadi Recipe is mainly prepared on the day of Ugadi Festival to represent the six tastes and emotions in life. I used pepper powder for spiciness but it can be replaced with chilli powder along with a slit green chilli too. Also, you can alter the recipe as per your family customs and belief. Finally, I have shared this How To Make Ugadi Pachadi with step by step pics and a short YouTube video too. If you like the video, please Like it, Share it and don’t forget to subscribe to my channel.
Similarly, in TamilNadu, we prepare Mango Pachadi on the day of Tamil New Year which is also similar to this recipe. Let’s see how the six tastes are related to six emotions in life, it’s really interesting, do check below
|Mango / Tamarind||Sour||Disgust|
Check my other Ugadi Recipes like
Ugadi Pachadi Recipe | How to make Ugadi Pachadi
1 Cup = 250 ML, 1 tsp = 5 ML
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Small Lemon Size Tamarind
- 1/4 Cup Jaggery
- 1/4 tsp Pepper Powder
- Salt As Required
- 2 tbsp Mango
- 1 tbsp Neem Flower
- First of all, Wash the mango and chop it into small sized pieces with the skin. Then remove the neem flowers from its stem. Also, soak tamarind in 1 cup of water for 1/2 an hour. Then extract tamarind water and discard the pulp.
- To the tamarind water, add the jaggery. I used powdered and pure jaggery, so it was easy for mixing. If using the whole jaggery, crush it and use. Then add pepper powder.
- Add required salt and mango pieces.
- Finally, add neem flowers and mix well.Try this Ugadi Pachadi Recipe for this Ugadi Festival.
Tips for How to make Ugadi Pachadi
- If you doubt the jaggery you use is impure, mix the jaggery with very little water, filter and then use it.
- Also, remove the neem flowers from its stem, that is, use the flowers only.
- Furthermore, Pepper powder can be replaced with chilli powder. But traditionally pepper powder is used for this Ugadi Pachadi Recipe.
- For more spiciness, even 1 slit green chilli can be used.
- Also, you can adjust the ingredients as per your wish.
- Even 4 to 5 sliced banana pieces can be used for more sweetness.
- You can also add, fried gram, cashews, raisins, sugarcane pieces, coconut pieces too as per your family customs.
Method for Ugadi Pachadi Recipe
1. Wash the mango and chop it into small sized pieces with the skin. Then remove the neem flowers from its stem. Also, soak tamarind in 1 cup of water for 1/2 an hour. Then extract tamarind water and discard the pulp.
2. To the tamarind water, add the jaggery. I used powdered and pure jaggery, so it was easy for mixing. If using the whole jaggery, crush it and use. Then add pepper powder.
3. Add required salt and mango pieces.
4. Finally, add neem flowers and mix well.
Try this Ugadi Pachadi Recipe for this Ugadi Festival.