Tomato Rice Recipe / Thakkali Sadam Recipe in Tamilnadu or Tomato bath in Karnataka is a quick lunch which can be made in a hurry. Whenever I run out of lunch menu ideas or feel lazy to cook my immediate rescuer is this Tomato bhath. We can have this rice with simple raitha and surely have a hearty meal. The flavour of the garlic, the tanginess in the tomatoes, added ghee at last and also the vibrant colour makes this South Indian tomato rice tastes great.
1. I used basmati rice or you can use any rice variety for this Tomato Rice Recipe.
2. Any left over rice can also be used for this Tomato Bhath.
3. For a change you can also add boiled green peas while cooking.
4. Addition of cinnamon is optional but it gives a restaurant touch to the rice.
5. Choose deep red colour tomatoes, so that you get a vibrant colour Thakkali Sadam Recipe.
6. Tempering the ingredients adds nice flavour.