Tomato Pulao with mint leaves is a very delicious one pot meal. You can name this as Tomato rice bath or Tomato Biryani also. We can prepare this pulao in two ways, either chop the tomatoes or puree it. For simple version, just chop the tomatoes, skip coconut milk and go on, but the final result is the same with the nice flavour and tanginess of the tomatoes. If you don’t have the time to prepare vegetable biriyani as it calls for a bit lengthy procedure, but this simple pulao will surely satisfy your taste buds.
1. You can prepare this Tomato Pulao directly in a cooker as a one pot meal.
2. Don’t add water or coconut milk more than mentioned, because we add pureed tomatoes also.
3. You can replace coconut milk with water also, but coconut milk gives an extra flavour to the tomato rice bath.
4. You can prepare this pulao in either ways, puree the tomatoes or chop and add to the rice.
5. Don’t skip mint and coriander leaves for garnishing, it adds extra flavour to the Tomato Pulao with mint leaves.
6. Use red and ripe tomatoes for bright coloured pulao.
7. Mint Leaves adds a nice flavour and gives a similar taste like biriyani.
8. I used ghee for tempering, but oil can also be used if you are calorie conscious.