Thenga Manga Pattani Sundal is a snack prepared with boiled white peas, grinded coconut and topped with raw mangoes, sold in the Chennai Marina beach. I asked myself, after posting some decent number of posts in my blog how can I forget this yummy sundal? After marriage I have almost spent solid 8 years in Chennai. Atleast monthly 3 to 4 times I used to go to Marina beach with hubby, enjoy the sea breeze, a long walk and never forget to taste this sundal. Though I am concerned about the hygiene, the smell of the sundal makes me to buy it. While typing I can remember this nostalgic memories. After moving to Bangalore I miss Marina Beach and Chennai a lot. I hope all of you like this picture, as I am the first to take food pic using sand.
Checkout my other sundal recipes
1. If you don’t want to grind green chilli, use red chilli powder only (2 tsp for 1 cup peas). But grinding the green chillies gives a perfect taste to this sundal
2. Don’t overcook the peas, if it is mushy, it will change the whole texture of the Thenga Manga Pattani sundal.
3. Add Hing and curry leaves generously for tempering.
4. Instead of grating mangoes we can chop as well.
5. For a change you can also use chopped onion, carrot, cucumber also along with raw mangoes.
6. Don’t skip lemon juice as it gives a very good taste.