This sweet pidi kozhukattai recipe / sweet kozhukattai recipe is the most simplest one that can be easily prepared with the available ingredients in hand. It doesn’t require any perfect shape or modak shapers, just our fingers is enough to try this guilt free snack. As Ganesh Chathurthi is nearing, all of you will be busy with the pre-preparation works so it’s time to get into the recipe….
Checkout my other Ganesh chathurthi recipes…..
Checkout youtube video below with step wise instructions
1. I used ready made rice flour / Idiyappam flour, you can use homemade flour too.
2. Always filter the jaggery to remove impurities for this sweet kozhukattai recipe.
3. Adjust jaggery as per sweetness required. If increasing the jaggery, increase the water also, so the rice flour cooks properly.
4. Water quantity varies on the quality of the rice flour used, so adjust water accordingly.
5. Don’t boil the jaggery water till syrup consistency, else the rice flour wont get cooked.
6. Ensure the rice flour is completely cooked in the boiling jaggery water itself to get soft – sweet pidi kozhukattai recipe.
7. If the rice flour is not properly cooked in jaggery water, it wont get cooked while steaming also.
8. Addition of gingelly oil at last adds a nice aroma to the dough. But oil can be replaced with ghee also.
9. Don’t skip salt, as it enhances the sweetness and adds taste to the recipe.
10. Always keep the dough covered to avoid dryness.
11. If preferred the same dough can be rolled into tiny balls and then steamed.