Today’s post is How To Make Lassi Recipe with step by step pics and a Short YouTube video. This Sweet Lassi Recipe is such a refreshing drink, it lowers the body heat and it’s very famous in Punjab and Northern parts of India. Even after a heavy meal, this lassi can be had for easy digestion. It is completely different from the Neer Mor/ Spiced Buttermilk and Masala Chaas, though curd is used for all the recipes, each one is different by its taste and ingredients (if interested click the highlighted words to read the recipes). I used Homemade Curd, also, use fresh, thick and well-set curd for a creamy Lassi. Another important tip is never beat or blend the curd, it should be whisked to get frothiness. Finally, do watch the video, If you like the video, please Like it, Share it and don’t forget to subscribe to my channel.
Check my other Summer Recipes like
Sweet Lassi Recipe is a refreshing drink, it lowers the body heat and it's very famous in Punjab and Northern parts of India. How to make Lassi recipe is completely different from Neer Mor and Masala Chaas.
First, measure and keep all the ingredients ready, also chilled curd works best for this recipe.
Then pour 1/2 cup of water / milk, this lassi was in medium consistency. If you want more on the watery side, increase water / milk to 1 to 1.5 cups. Now add 4 tbsp of sugar.
Using a steel whisk / wooden madani / electric blender or mixer, just whisk the curd for 2 minutes, until it turns frothy, smooth and also ensure sugar is dissolved.
Add butter and whisk again till it blends well with the lassi. Then add cardamom powder and crushed pistachios.
Finally, add rose water and give a quick mix.
Serve this Lassi Recipe chill, after having a heavy Hyderabadi Dum Biryani.
Tips for How to make Lassi Recipe
- Use fresh and thick curd, don't use very sour curd for this Lassi Recipe.
- Instead of water, chilled milk can also be added, it yields a tasty Lassi.
- If you want the lassi more on the watery side, increase the water/ milk quantity to 1 to 1.5 cups.
- Adjust sugar as per sweetness required for this Sweet Lassi Recipe.
- Also, whisk the curd till smooth and frothy. Ensure you only whisk the curd not blend or mix with a whisk.
- Addition of butter is optional, but it lends more creaminess to the Lassi.
- Instead of pistachios, almonds, cashews or even a few saffron strands can be used.
- For more richness, lassi can be topped with 1 tbsp of fresh malai in each serving glass.
- This Lassi tastes best when served chilled and stays good for 2 days under refrigeration.