Sweet Corn Soup Recipe, a bowl of warm, soothing soup to the throat is the much-needed one for the chill climate now. Though my Mom prepares, many delicious South Indian food, she doesn’t make any soups. Only when my Dad, takes us to restaurants, we had a chance to taste the soups. But, blogging has changed my lifestyle completely, I try varieties of cuisine and food now. Even though I don’t have much time to spend with my kids nor leisure time or sometimes the recipe flops or 5 to 6 takes of final photography…… I enjoy what I am doing. Ok, let’s talk about the recipe, this soup can be prepared in flat 20 minutes. You can have it any time before or after a meal, for breakfast, lunch or even dinner as it increases the appetite and helps in digestion also. If you want to give this soup for toddlers, just filter the soup and feed them, they have it without any fuss. If interested check my Tomato Soup Recipe too. Also, I have shared this Soup Recipe with step by step pics, a short YouTube video If you like it, share it and please don’t forget to subscribe to my channel.
Sweet Corn Soup Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Corn / அமெரிக்கன் சோளம்
- 3 Cups Water / தண்ணீர்
- 2 tsp Butter / வெண்ணெய் Link for homemade butter
- 2 tbsp Carrot / கேரட்
- 2 tbsp Beans / பீன்ஸ்
- 1 tbsp Spring Onion / வெங்காய தாழ்
- 2 tsp Corn Flour / சோளமாவு
- 1/4 tsp Pepper Powder / மிளகு தூள்
- Salt / உப்பு As Required
- 1/4 Cup Corn / சோளம்
- 1/4 Cup Water / தண்ணீர்
- First, measure and keep all the ingredients ready. Then chop the spring onion, carrot and beans finely.
- Add 2 tsp of cornflour to a bowl and little water. Mix it well without any lumps. Then grind 1/4 cup of corn with 1/4 cup of water to a smooth paste. If you want, you can even strain the grounded corn paste.
- Heat 2 tsp of butter in a pan, then add the chopped spring onion, carrot, beans, corn and saute for a minute.
- Pour 3 cups of water, grounded corn paste and add required salt.
- Boil for 5 minutes in medium flame, till the veggies get cooked well. Then pour the cornflour paste and cook for 2 minutes, so the raw smell of the cornflour leaves.
- Switch off the flame and sprinkle with pepper powder. This soup thickens with time, so adjust with warm water or milk before serving.
Enjoy this Sweet Corn Soup Recipe hot or warm.
Tips for Sweet Corn Soup Recipe
- You can use either American sweet corn or regular corn but use fresh ones.
- If you don't have time to remove the corn from the cob, you can use canned/tinned corn also.
- Don't skip spring onion, as it adds a nice flavour to the soup. But if you don't have in hand, use the same measure of finely chopped regular onion.
- Even little quantity of other veggies like green peas, capsicum, potato, cauliflower can also be used. But finely chop and use it.
- If giving for toddlers, filter the grounded corn paste and then prepare the soup.
- I used butter to saute the veggies, as it lends more taste. But you can use any other vegetable oil or skip this step and directly boil the veggies.
- For more aroma, 2 tsp of finely chopped garlic can be used. If using, saute it first and then add the other veggies.
- Addition of cornflour paste helps to thicken the soup soon.
- If the corn you use is less sweet, then add 1 tsp of sugar at last.
- Adjust pepper powder as per spiciness required for this Sweet Corn Soup Recipe.