Sprouted Green Gram Sundal / Sprouted Moong Sundal is a wholesome and filling protein packed Navratri recipe. Actually sprouting is a process of germinating seeds that can be consumed raw or cooked. Sprouts are rich in dietary fibre, Vitamin K and other essentials minerals. Sprouts is said to be the best food for weight loss. Also sprouts helps to regulate blood sugar level, reduce cholesterol and eating raw sprouts increase digestion power. You can use this sprouts in salads, soups and also prepare it as sundal. I usually prepare this sprouts atleast once a week mostly raw or half cooked and it is also simple and healthy snack to feed your hunger pangs.
Checkout my other sundal recipes
1. Adjust chillies as per your spice level, this sprouted green gram sundal tastes good with green chillis.
2. Adding lemon juice makes sprouted moong sundal more tastier.
3. Add hing powder and curry leaves generously which gives nice flavour to the sundal.
4. Don’t pressure cook the sprouts, as all the nutrients will be lost and it gets mushy.
5. You can consume this sundal like a salad, without steaming and by just tempering.