Sprouted Green Gram Sundal / Sprouted Moong Sundal is a wholesome and filling protein packed Navratri recipe. Actually sprouting is a process of germinating seeds that can be consumed raw or cooked. Sprouts are rich in dietary fibre, Vitamin K and other essentials minerals. Sprouts is said to be the best food for weight loss. Also sprouts helps to regulate blood sugar level, reduce cholesterol and eating raw sprouts increase digestion power. You can use this sprouts in salads, soups and also prepare it as sundal. I usually prepare this sprouts atleast once a week mostly raw or half cooked and it is also simple and healthy snack to feed your hunger pangs.
Check out my other sundal recipes
- 1 Cup Green Gram / Moong Bean
- 2 Chopped Green Chilli
- 1 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Coriander Leaves To Garnish
- Salt To Taste
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Jeera
- 1 Red Chilli
- Few Curry Leaves
- 2 Pinch Hing (Generously)
- 2 tsp Oil
Soak green gram for 8 hours, rinse well and drain water. Transfer the green gram to a muslin cloth / thin cloth. Tie a knot, keep it undisturbed overnight. Next day morning you can see small sprouts.
Steam the sprouts in a steamer, for 2 to 3 minutes. Heat oil in a kadai, and temper with the ingredients given in the table 'To Temper'. Then add sprouted green gram.
Tips for sprouted green gram sundal
2. Adding lemon juice makes sprouted moong sundal tastier.
3. Add hing powder and curry leaves generously which gives a nice flavour to the sundal.
4. Don’t pressure cook the sprouts, as all the nutrients will be lost and it gets mushy.
5. You can consume this sundal like a salad, without steaming and by just tempering.