This South Indian Mixture Recipe is almost favourite to all of us and as by the name calls, it is just the mixing of all the items. There are no specific measurements, you can just alter it as per wish. Mostly I prepare kara boondhi, omapodi, murukku, ribbon pakoda before a day or two and just fry the peanuts – curry leaves at last and do the mixing when needed. Any marriages or festival like Diwali in South India is incomplete without this mixture recipe, the speciality of this snack is it yields a lot if prepared little also.
South Indian Mixture Recipe | Mixture Recipe
- 1 Cup Karaboondhi Link for kara boondhi
- 1 Cup Omapodi Link for omapodi
- 1 Handful Karasev Karasev
- 2 Murukku / Thenkuzhal (Broken pieces) Link for murukku
- 1/8 Cup Ribbon Pakoda Link for ribbon pakoda
- 10 Potato Chips Link for potato chips
- 1/4 Cup Peanuts
- 10 Cashew
- 1/4 Cup Fried Gram
- 2 Pods Garlic
- 2 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Poha / Aval
- 2 Generous Pinch Hing
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- Salt As Required
- Oil For Frying
- First, measure and keep karaboondhi, omapodi, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt by side. I started to prepare karaboondhi, omapodi, ribbon pakoda, Karasev, murukku and chips 2 days before, which simplifies the work.
- Then measure and keep little ribbon pakoda. karasev, murukku and potato chips by side. Furthermore, measure peanuts, poha, cashews, fried gram, crush the garlic and keep it in a separate plate.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the peanuts followed by cashews.
- Then, fry the fried gram followed by crushed garlic and curry leaves.
- Finally, fry the poha and keep everything in a kitchen towel/tissue paper. When it is warm itself, sprinkle hing.
- Transfer it to a wide bowl, then add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt (only for the items fried at last). Toss well, so the colour matches with the other items. Now add ribbon pakoda, karasev, murukku, chips and toss again.
- Finally, add karaboondhi, omapodi and mix everything with your hands.Store this mixture recipe in an airtight container.
Tips For Making South Indian Mixture Recipe