If you are a fan of Lemon Rice, then you will surely love this Raw mango rice recipe. It is so simple to prepare and if there is any leftover rice in your refrigerator, then you can make this maangai sadam recipe within 15 minutes. In karnataka cuisine, it is called as Mavinayaki Chitranna and in it that version, mango is pureed with chilli, peanuts, coconut and a little bit of jaggery to give a final touch. But this a simpler version, just tempered, added grated mango and mixed with rice. But ensure the tanginess is perfectly balanced with the spice level to get an amazing taste. It goes well with arbi fry, yam tawa fry and simple aloo fry…..
Find my other Mango Recipes like
1. Raw Mango Sambar
2. Raw Mango Pachadi
3. Beach Sundal Recipe
4. Mango Juice
If you are a fan of Lemon Rice, then you will surely love this Raw mango rice recipe. It is so simple to prepare and if there is any leftover rice in your refrigerator, then you can make this maangai sadam recipe within 15 minutes.
- 1.5 Cup Cooked Rice
- 1.25 Cup Grated Mango
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Grated Coconut
- Salt As Required
- 3 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Channa Dal
- 2 Red Chilli
- 2 Green Chilli
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 2 Pinch Hing
Slit green chilli, grate coconut, measure and keep all the other ingredients by side. I had roasted peanuts in hand, so used directly, if using raw peanuts, roast it slightly and then use it. Peel the skin of mango, grate it and measure it to 1.25 cup. Pressure cook rice for 2 whistles, once it cools down, fluff it up with a fork.
Heat oil in a pan, throw mustard seeds and once it splutters, add urad dal, channa dal, red chilli and hing.
Then add green chilli and saute it till the raw smell leaves. Add curry leaves and roasted peanuts.
Add grated mango, turmeric powder and required salt. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes in low flame, till the grated mango shrinks in volume and all the moisture is absorbed. Now add the cooked rice.
Mix everything gently, without breaking the rice grains. Adjust salt, switch off flame, add grated coconut and give a quick mix.
Serve this raw mango rice recipe with aloo gobi fry.
1. Use sour / tangy and raw mango only, ripe and sweet mango wont work for this recipe.
2. Adjust mango quantity as per tangy / sour taste preferred.
3. I used basmati rice, but any long grain rice or even leftover rice can be used for this raw mango rice recipe.
4. 1 tsp of jeera or a small piece of crushed ginger can be used in tempering, which lends more flavour to the dish.
5. I used both green and red chilli for tempering, you can use any one type of chilli too.
6. Sprinkle turmeric powder generously for bright colour and hing for flavour.
7. Roasted peanuts can be replaced with cashews for this maangai sadam recipe.
8. 1 small piece of jaggery can be added along with grated mango, which enhances the taste of the rice.