If you are looking for some simple sidedish to prepare in the busy mornings, then this raw banana fry recipe is the best choice. The spices can be altered as per your taste buds and you can prepare it as no onion, no garlic recipe also. I usually prepare this vazhakkai fry recipe atleast once in a week for my kids lunch box and it goes very well with curd rice, lemon rice and all sambar varieties.
If interested check out my other Sidedish recipes
1. Select unripe and firm raw banana so the pieces wont get broken while cooking.
2. Always slice the pieces very thin, so it gets cooked easily.
3. Also keep the sliced pieces immersed in water till use to avoid de-colouration.
4. Sambar powder can be replaced with garam masala powder / chole masala powder also.
5. Addition of garlic flakes and jeera powder is optional, but it adds extra flavour to the dish.
6. Adjust chilli powder as per spiciness required for this raw banana fry recipe.
7. Addition of oil while marinating helps in binding of spice powders and veggie well.
8. If preferred, 1 onion can be used when tempering. But you can do it as no onion – no garlic recipe
9. For more crispiness, 2 tsp of rice flour can be added along with other spice powders.
10. Use cast iron / non – stick pan to get well roasted vazhakkai fry recipe.