Rava Upma also was known as Sooji Upma is a very popular and common breakfast in India. It requires minimal ingredients and can be prepared within 15 mins when we are running out of time. I would like to have hot and pluffy upma with sugar or with any chutney or simply plain upma also. Let’s go into the rava upma recipe
Rava Upma Recipe also known as Sooji Upma that requires minimal ingredients and can be prepared within 15 mins when we are running out of time.
- 1/2 Cup Rava / Sooji
- 1 Big Onion
- 2 to 3 Green Chilli
- 1" Piece Ginger
- 1.5 Cup Water
- Salt As Required
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 3 tsp Channa Dal
- 2 sprig Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp Oil / Ghee Link for ghee
Chop onion lengthwise, green chilli and crushed ginger. Dry roast rava in a kadai without colour change, until rava leaves a nice smell. Keep it by side.
Heat oil in a pan and temper with items given in the table ‘To Temper’. Add Onion, green chilli, ginger and fry till transparent.
Add water, salt and bring to rolling boil. Now add rava very slowly in a sprinkled way to avoid lumps.
Tips for Rava Upma Recipe
- You can add a pinch of turmeric powder for coloured upma.
- Adding ghee at the end gives a very nice flavour to Rava Upma.
- Add more water if you need a soft and mushy upma Recipe.
- Don't change the colour of rava while roasting, it gives a bitter taste to Rava Upma Recipe.