Is there anyone who doesn’t like potatoes? That too small potatoes marinated with aromatic spices and well roasted. I have tried this Potato Pepper Fry Recipe / Small Potato Fry Recipe so many times and it is always a super hit recipe at my home. Whenever I run out of sidedish ideas, this dish comes to my mind immediately and it is always a foolproof recipe. It is an apt and simple sidedish for rasam, sambar and even pulao’s too.
Checkout my video recipe in youtube
1. Regular potatoes can also be chopped and used. But small potatoes gives a very nice taste.
2. Adjust chilli powder and pepper corn as per your spice level for this potato pepper fry recipe.
3. You can rinse the small potatoes well, fry it with the skin also which adds different flavour.
4. If the small potatoes are big, just halve / slice and use it for this small potato fry recipe.
5. Also don’t over cook the potatoes, half cooked is enough.
6. Never skip to prick the boiled potatoes else it will not absorb the masala.
7. You can crush or chop the garlic and use it. But I dry roasted and grinded it.
8. Small potatoes can be marinated over night as well.
9. For a different taste, 1 tsp of garam masala powder / chat masala powder can also be used.
10. You can make it plain without onion also as no onion version.
11. For a tangy taste, 1/2 tomato can used while sauting, or 1 tsp of lemon juice can be added at last.
12. If you don’t like the smell of cinnamon and cloves, just go ahead with jeera and pepper corns only.