Pineapple Salsa recipe is sweet, spicy, cool and refreshing salad along with juicy pineapple pieces. This easy pineapple salsa is simple to prepare and doesn’t call for any fancy ingredients. It’s perfect for parties and potlucks, also if you are bored from your regular salads, then this salsa is the right choice. The great thing about this recipe, is that you can modify the ingredients as per your taste. When my hubby recently visited US, he tasted this in a Mexican restaurant and he insisted me to try this. I have tried this recipe for the first time but its kind of addictive and delicious too.
Pineapple Salsa Recipe is sweet, spicy, cool and refreshing salad along with juicy pineapple pieces. This easy pineapple salsa is simple to prepare and doesn't call for any fancy ingredients.
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple
- 1 tbsp Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1/4 Cup Capsicum (Bell Pepper) (Red, Green,Yellow - mixed)
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Corns
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt To Taste
Wash all the veggies, cut pineapple into cubes. Cut onion and capsicum into small sized dices. Deseed the tomato, and cut into cubes. Also slit green chilli and chop coriander leaves finely. Dry roast pepper corns, cumin seeds and crush it. (I have not added this picture). In a large bowl, add all the chopped veggies, crushed pepper and cumin seeds.
Season with salt, coriander leaves and squeeze lemon juice on top. Toss everything well in the bowl. Keep it for 30 minutes before serving for full flavour.
Serve it with Tortilla chips or you can have it as such.
1. Corn kernels, avocadas, black beans, jalapeno can also be added for variation.
2. Chop all the veggies finely, so that the seasonings will be absorbed well.
3. Coriander leaves can be substituted with mint leaves or parsley.
4. Green chilli can be skipped and red chilli flakes can also be added for more spiciness.
5. For more sweetness, add a tsp of sugar.
6. This easy pineapple salsa can be refrigerated for 2 days, but add salt and lemon juice before serving only.