Pineapple Kesari Recipe is a delectable sweet made with rava and pineapple chunks. Pineapple Sheera or Pineapple Sooji halwa by whatever name you call, the taste and flavour cannot be explained by words. It is very famous in all over in South Indian states, especially in Karnataka as Kesari Bath. It is a must in all the important occasions, and here in Bangalore they give as prasadam in temples.
1. If you want the natural flavour of the pineapple in the kesari skip essence.
2. You can also replace food colour and add saffron threads soaked in warm milk.
3. If your pineapple is too sweet, reduce the sugar level.
4. Always roast rava in ghee, which gives added flavor. Also don’t burn the rava while roasting or else it gives bitter taste.
5. Don’t add sugar before the rava is cooked or else it becomes sticky.
6. Add ghee generously, which gives nice flavour and melt in mouth texture.
7. You can also use canned/tinned pineapple where boiling is not needed, but fresh ones tastes better.