Pineapple Juice Recipe / Fresh Pineapple Juice is a sweet and delicious tropical delight. Pineapple is the only fruit which is packed with so many minerals, enzymes and vitamins. It is rich in Vitamin C, which acts as a natural anti-oxidant and keeps your immune system healthy. Though we get numerous tetra juice packs in market, we know it is full of preservatives, artificial flavours and food colour which would have killed all the nutrients in the fruit. This juice also helps in weight loss but the little bit messy part is slicing the pineapple. I have also shared some tips below ‘Tips for buying Pineapple‘, just give a glance at it before buying the fruit.
Pineapple Juice Recipe | Fresh Pineapple Juice
Preparation Time : 20 Mins | Makes : 3 to 4 Glasses
- Pineapple – 1 Medium Sized / 2 cups
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Honey – 2 tsp (optional)
- Water – 1 Cup
- Ice Cubes – 5 to 6
- Crushed Whole pepper / Jeera – 1/2 tsp (optional)
1. Slice the top and bottom portion of the pineapple, trim the sides all around. Wash it thoroughly and slice it into cubes or wedges. In a mixer / blender add the sliced pineapple.
2. Then blend it to a smooth puree, add sugar, water and ice cubes. Blend it again until smooth and frothy.
3. In a large bowl, place a strainer and pour the blended puree over it. Press it with a ladle, to extract the full juice out of the pineapple puree. Discard the remaining pulp. Mix it well, if preferred add few more ice cubes and pepper powder. Transfer it to a serving glass.
Serve this fresh pineapple juice chilled.
1. For healthier version, sugar can be replaced with honey.
2. Adjust sugar as per your taste and ripeness of the pineapple.
3. If you want the juice on thicker side, don’t add water. Blend it with ice cubes only.
4. Use ripe pineapple with pleasant smell, which adds nice flavour for this fresh pineapple juice.
5. Straining the puree is optional only, you can have it as such also.
6. Addition of crushed pepper or jeera lends an extra zing to the pineapple juice recipe.
Tips for buying Pineapple
1. Pineapple should be firm but not hard.
2. Select pineapple with deep green leaves,which indicates freshness.
3. Don’t buy pineapple which has soft spot or dark areas on the skin.
4. To check ripeness: if ripe it will smell sweet and pleasant, unriped pineapple won’t smell.
5. If it is over riped,it smells like vinegar and has the odour of fermenting.
Healthy, simple and quick juice…Nice share