Pina Colada Recipe is a cocktail drink made with pineapple juice, rum and thick coconut milk. This rumless non alcoholic mocktail version is known as Virgin Pina Colada. It is usually blended with ice and garnished with Pineapple wedges or maraschino cherry or both. Pina Colada is the national drink of Puerto Rico (Caribbean Islands) since 1978 (as per wikipedia). This drink is so famous that July 10th of every year is celebrated as World Pina Colada Day in few countries. Do try this refreshing tropical drink and let me know your feedback.
Pina Colada Recipe is a cocktail drink made with pineapple juice, rum and thick coconut milk. This rumless non alcoholic mocktail version is known as Virgin Pina Colada
- 2 Cups Pineapple Pieces
- 150 ml Thick Coconut Milk
- Sugar As Required
- Ice Cubes As Required
- 2 Pineapple Wedges (For garnishing)
Extract about 150ml of thick coconut milk and keep by side. Slice the pineapple into cubes or wedges.
In a blender, add the pineapple cubes and blend it to a smooth puree, pour little water and blend it again, strain it through a filter.
Now pour the strained pineapple juice into the blender again, add sugar, coconut milk and blend it to smooth and frothy. Pour the drink into serving glasses and garnish with pineapple wedges.
Serve it chilled.
1. Tinned Pineapple can also be used, but this Pina Colada, tastes good with fresh pine apple.
2. Use fresh coconut milk which gives yummy taste. If you want a simpler version go ahead with ready made coconut milk.
3. Coconut cream or coconut milk powder can also be used. If so, add little coconut water or normal water to dilute.
4. For more creaminess, you can add half frozen banana or frozen pineapple can also be used.