Pesarattu Recipe – an easy, protein packed and nutritious breakfast from Andhra cuisine, that requires only few ingredients. This Moong Dal dosa Recipe is a saviour for working women, as this batter can be easily grinded in mixie within few minutes. It requires no fermentation and so it can be prepared instantly. Usually it is paired up with upma and ginger chutney, but goes well with coconut chutney and khara chutney too. To make it more healthier, use sprouted green gram (checkout my sprouted green gram sundal to know – how to sprout green gram).
1. Soak the whole green gram for minimum 5 hours or overnight, so it will be easy for grinding.
2. Split green gram or sprouted green gram can also be used for this pesarattu recipe.
3. Adjust green chilli as per spiciness preferred for this moong dal dosa recipe.
4. Instead of rice flour, raw rice can be added. If using rice soak and grind it along with green gram.
5. Addition of coriander leaves is optional. But it makes the dosa look vibrant.
6. The batter should be in medium consistency (not thick or thin) and little coarse too.
7. If the batter turns watery, add little rice flour to thicken it.
8. For the topping, even sauted carrots, green chilli, coriander leaves can also be used.
9. This batter stays good for 2 days under refrigeration.