A sweet with just 2 ingredients, that too no stove top cooking and can be prepared within 15 minutes itself, interesting isn’t it ?. If you have roasted peanuts in hand, it makes your work more simpler, as we need not go near the stove for roasting the peanuts. This peanut ladoo recipe is a protein rich and healthy – calorie free sweet indulgence, as we don’t use ghee or sugar. Many of you have the doubt, how the ladoo holds the shape without any cooking? The moisture from the jaggery and the oil released from the peanuts while grinding is enough for making this peanut laddu recipe.
If interested check out my other Peanut Recipes
1. While roasting peanuts, be sure not to burn it, otherwise the laddu taste bitter.
2. Also roast the peanuts until the raw smell leaves completely.
3. If needed only, remove the skin in the peanuts. With the skin, there will not be much difference in taste.
4. Use good quality and pure jaggery only. As we do not melt the jaggery or filter it, there is a chance of impurities inside, if any pick and discard it.
5. Do not grind the peanuts in one stretch (pulse mode is ok), else it turns into a paste and becomes peanut butter.
6. If using whole cardamoms (2 or 3), grind it along with the peanuts.
7. For more flavour, 1 tsp of ghee can be added to the mixture for this peanut ladoo recipe.
8. For richness, ghee roasted cashews, raisins or almonds can be used.
9. If you prefer little crunchy ladoo, 1/4 cup of roasted and powdered poha can be added to the peanut mixture. But adjust the sweetness.
10. For more sweetness, jaggery quantity can be increased to 1 cup .
11. Shelf life of this peanut laddu recipe is 10 days, when kept outside.