Bhaji is a traditional name for a veg dish, the pav/pau/pao was a Portuguese word for bread [small rolls] introduced by them during their brief presence in Mumbai[source- wiki]. Commonly this is a street food in Mumbai, by the time the dish become world famous as ‘Mumbai Pav Bhaji’. This pav bhaji recipe is a perfect chat for potluck and fussy kids to make eat veggies, as they don’t notice any veggies in the bhaji.
1. If you are calorie conscious, prepare pav bhaji in oil. But this Mumbai Pav Bhaji taste better with butter.
2. After adding the mashed veggies while cooking it splutter too much, so close with a lid and cook.
3. This Pav bhaji recipe always taste good with good quality Pav Bhaji masala and butter.
4. If you dont have pav buns in hand, you can use regular buns or even bread too.
5. Veggies choice is purely optional. I used potato, carrot, capsicum, cauliflower and green peas. But always keep potato as base.