This Paneer Tikka recipe is such an addictive and yummy starter / appetizer prepared with veggies and paneer. Curd is the main ingredient here, followed by variety of Indian spice powders. Though the ingredient list seems to be lengthier, how to make paneer tikka is not at all a complicated process and can be done in few minutes. This is a very versatile recipe, that veggies can be altered, paneer can be replaced with Tofu paneer and finally, the whole dish can be baked / grilled / Barbequed or even done on stove top. So don’t miss to try this delicious Paneer Tikka recipe as it is a kids friendly recipe also.
1. If you are calorie conscious, paneer can be replaced with Tofu paneer.
2. Veggies choice is purely optional. Cauliflower, broccoli, baby corns or even mushrooms can be used.
3. Use thick / hung curd. If the curd is watery, hang it in a muslin cloth for 1 hour and then use it.
4. If using sour curd, skip lemon juice.
5. Suggested marination time is minimum 2 hours or over night. More the marination time, better the flavour gets absorbed by the veggies and paneer.
6. Addition of besan flour is a must as it helps in binding. Also if cooked on stove top it avoids the veggies sticking to the pan.
7. Apply oil generously before baking else the veggies and paneer turn dry.
8. This paneer tikka recipe can be grilled, barbequed or even cooked on stove top also. There will be no difference in taste except the texture, as the paneer turns little crispy.
9. Don’t over bake / cook paneer, else it turns rubbery and smells burnt.
10. If you have readymade paneer tikka masala in hand, you can just add it to the curd and skip the dry ingredients (for simple version).
11. If cooking on stove top, always use a non stick tawa. This avoids the paneer getting stuck to the tawa.