Paneer Cutlet Recipe / Paneer Recipes with step by step pics and a short YouTube video. It is a very yummy, protein-packed starter and is there any kids who don’t like paneer? that too paneer in the form of the cutlet, it’s a double bonanza for the kids. You can make it more nutritious by adding veggies and there is no specific method to prepare this cutlet. I used homemade paneer and garam masala powder, which lends more softness and flavour to the dish. Ok, let’s hop into the recipe…..
Checkout my youtube video for this recipe
Paneer Cutlet Recipe / Paneer Recipes is a very yummy, protein-packed starter. You can make it more nutritious by adding veggies and there is no specific method to prepare this cutlet.
- 1 Cup Paneer Link for Homemade Paneer
- 2 Small Potato Mashed
- Salt As Required
- 1 Onion
- 2 Green Chilli
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Jeera
- 2 Pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Link for garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Bread Crumbs (For rolling the cutlets)
- Oil (For frying)
- 1/4 Cup Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp Maida
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Water As Required
Pressure cook potato for 3 whistles, peel the skin and mash it, but it doesn't make it like a paste. Crumble the paneer and ensure there is not much moisture, else the cutlet breaks when frying. Chop onion and green chilli finely.
Measure and keep all the other ingredients ready. To a wide bowl, add paneer, mashed potato, onion, ginger-garlic paste and jeera.
Then add green chilli, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder, coriander leaves and salt.
Add corn flour and mix everything well. Instead of corn flour, rice flour / arrow root powder / gram flour can also be used.
Pinch a small portion of the mixture and shape like patties, you can use cookie cutters to get desired shapes. Do the same with the remaining mixture. To another bowl, add cornflour and maida.
Add required salt and pour water little by little.
Mix well without any lumps and the consistency should be thin. Dip the prepared patty in the cornflour batter on all sides.
Now roll the patty with bread crumbs on all sides.
Heat oil in pan, place the cutlets one by one carefully. Fry till golden colour on both sides
Enjoy this paneer cutlet recipe with tomato sauce and mango juice.
2. To make it more nutritious, veggies like carrot, beans, peas or even corn kernels can be used.
3. If you are calorie conscious, paneer can be replaced with tofu.
4. For no onion and garlic version, chopped onion and ginger-garlic paste can be skipped and made plain.
5. Adjust spice powder and green chilli as per spice level preferred for this paneer cutlet recipe.
6. Instead of using bread crumbs (Step: 8), sooji, rice flour, cornflour or even powdered oats can be used to roll the cutlets.
7. It can be deep fried / shallow fried or tawa fried also.
8. For Baking: pre-heat the oven, grease the tray with oil and arrange the cutlets. Bake it for 10 – 12 mins at 180c, till golden colour, then flip it to the other side and bake for another 10 mins.