This paneer butter masala recipe / Easy paneer butter masala is prepared with grinded onions, tomatoes, cashews, some spice powders, butter and paneer the main ingredient. I think no introduction is needed for this dish. This gravy is not at all complicated and I have made it so many times in a jiffy also. A survey found that paneer butter masala was one of the top 5 food ordered at restaurants in India. I have a sweet flash back too and came to know about this recipe when I was in my high school days. In those time, there was not much google search to throw the needed recipes nor I had the knowledge. Once they telecasted the recipe in a cookery show in DD in the early morning, I set alarm clock for that show and was very keen to watch the program and both my siblings teased me that I didn’t keep any alarm during my board exams also. And obviously this is the first recipe tried by me in the kitchen before marriage, but don’t ask me about the result. I can say that this recipe given below is a foolproof one, you can trust me and do try it out in your kitchen without any doubts.
1. Adjust chilli powder according to your spice level to this paneer butter masala recipe.
2. Frying paneer is optional, use fresh and good quality paneer. Homemade paneer is my option.
3. If you don’t like grinding onions, it can be chopped and used for this easy paneer butter masala.
4. I didn’t use food color. For nice color use deep red and ripe tomatoes.
5. If the gravy tastes more tangy, add little more fresh cream to balance the tanginess.
6. Don’t skip kasuri methi as it lends a perfect restaurant touch to this dish.
7. Vegans can use tofu paneer and soy milk.
8. Addition of milk is optional, but it gives creamy texture.
9. You can prepare it as no onion – no garlic version.just skip onions and use only ginger paste.
10. After adding paneer, don’t cook for more time else paneer turns dense.
11. Fresh cream gives nice taste to the gravy.