Today I am sharing the most famous Palak Paneer Recipe with step by step detailed pictures and with a short video. This restaurant style palak paneer is prepared from pureed spinach, seasoned with garlic, onion, tomato and some added garam masala powder. There are so many methods to prepare this best Indian spinach paneer recipe, but I have shared the most simple version. It goes well with chapati and even pulao too. To retain the colour and make it more appealing, I have jotted down some points in the tips section below ….
If interested check out my other related recipes….
Checkout youtube video below with step wise instructions
1. Adjust green chilli as per spice level, as there is no other ingredient for spiciness in this dish.
2. To retain the green colour, after blanching the palak in hot water, keep it in ice water for 2 minutes.
3. Don’t skip sugar when grinding palak, as it helps to retain the green colour.
4. Use minimum quantity of garam masala powder, else it reduces the colour in the palak paneer recipe.
5. Paneer can be fried in oil till light brown colour, to retain the softness keep it in warm water for 5 minutes .
6. If using fried paneer, no need to cook for long time.
7. If you are calorie conscious, paneer can be replaced with tofu for this restaurant style palak paneer.
8. Addition of kasuri methi leaves is a must, as it lends more flavour to the gravy.
9. After adding paneer, don’t cook for longer time, as it makes the paneer dense.
10. The gravy should be slightly thick and creamy. Switch off flame and then add cream, else there is a chance of curdling.
11. For restaurant style and taste, temper the ingredients in butter but don’t change the colour of the butter into brown.