Onion Pakoda recipe is always a handy dish for lunch or as a starter. A rainy day evening is incomplete without these vengaya pakoda and a cup of steaming tea. Addition of mint leaves gives an extraordinary flavour to these vengaya pakoda recipe. If you dont like the smell of these mint leaves just skip it and go ahead with the recipe.
- 4 Big Onion
- 2 Green Chilli
- 1" Piece Ginger
- 3 Pods Garlic
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Mint Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Bengal Gram flour
- 1/4 Cup Rice Flour
- 1.5 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 Pinch Hing
- 1 tsp Ghee Link for Ghee
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 1 Pinch Cooking Soda
- Salt As Required
- Oil To Deep Fry
Slice onion lengthwise, chop green chilli, ginger and crush garlic. Clean mint and curry leaves. In a large bowl, mix everything given in the above table, except oil. Sprinkle very little water to bind the mixture. Pour 1 small ladle of hot oil to the mixture.
Heat oil in a kadai and drop the pakoda mixture gently in a sprinkled way. Cook till the pakodas turn golden brown. Drain it in the kitchen towel.
Enjoy this yummy Onion Pakoda recipe as an evening snack with tea.
2. Pakoda mixture should not be watery, it will make pakodas soggy.
3. Addition of cooking soda gives fluffy Onion Pakoda.
4. Adjust green chillies and red chilli powder as per your spice level for this onion pakoda recipe.
5. Adding hot oil to the mixture, gives crispy pakodas and also pakodas absorb less oil.
6. Ghee gives nice flavour and softness to vengaya pakoda recipe.
7. You can also use ready made bajji mix.