Omapodi is a snack made from besan flour, with the flavour of omam / ajwain, more popular in South India. It is more or less similar to the sev prepared in North India. This is such an easy diwali snacks recipe, which can be prepared in a breeze. This Omapodi recipe is a perfect tea time snack and also doesn’t count too much calories. Omam / Ajwain gives the best and natural remedy for indigestion problems, even for new born babies omam water can be given to relieve from colic pain.
1. Always sieve both the flours for even mixing.
2. For more flavour, 1/4 tsp of hing powder can be added.
3. Don’t add omam directly to the dough, make it as a powder or soak and use the filtered water.
4. Don’t add too much omam, as it will give bitter taste.
5. Make the dough little sticky if it is dry, it will be difficult to press it.
6. If the dough becomes dry, sprinkle little water.
7. Don’t give resting time for the dough, or else while frying omapodi changes in colour.
8. This omapodi can be used for mixture and other chat recipes.
9. Don’t skip to add hot oil to the dough, as it gives crispiness to the snack.
10. Also don’t add hot oil or butter more than mentioned, else omapodi disintegrates while frying .