Mutter Paneer Recipe / Matar Paneer Recipe Restaurant Style with step by step pics. It is a yummy combo of matar/green peas and paneer/cottage cheese, cooked in an onion- tomato based gravy, seasoned with Indian spices. I used Homemade Paneer, Garam Masala Powder and Frozen peas, so the taste was very exotic and delicious. If you want a restaurant touch in the gravy, you can add fresh cream, milk instead of water and honey instead of sugar with little drops of lemon juice at last. For a Dhaba Style, increase the chilli powder and green chilli to make it spicier. Always it is an evergreen combo with Chapati, Phulka, Jeera Rice and even with Veg Pulao (Do click the highlighted words for the recipe link).
Check my other Paneer Recipes like
Mutter Paneer Recipe / Matar Paneer Recipe Restaurant Style is a yummy combo of matar / green peas and paneer / cottage cheese, cooked in an onion- tomato based gravy, seasoned with Indian spices.
- 1 Cup Green Peas
- 200 Grams Paneer
- 2 Pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Link for garam masala recipe
- Salt As Required
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi Leaves
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 Tomato
- 3 Flakes Garlic
- 1 Small Piece Ginger
- 10 Cashew
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Jeera
- 1 Cinnamon
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Green Chilli
- Chop onion and tomatoes roughly. Also, peel the skin of ginger, garlic and slit the green chilli. Then measure and keep all the ingredients ready.
- Slice the paneer into desired shape and size. To a pan, pour 1 tbsp of oil and add onion, ginger, garlic and cashews. Saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and saute till mushy. Once it cools down, transfer everything to a mixer.
- Now grind it to a smooth paste. Heat 1.5 tbsp of oil and season with jeera, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bay leaf.
Add the green chilli and the grounded onion - tomato paste. Now add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and required salt. Pour 1 cup of water, mix everything well and cook for 5 minutes in low flame, until the oil separates and the gravy thickens.
- Add the green peas (I used frozen peas) paneer and cook for another 2 minutes.
- The gravy would have thickened now. You can see the peas and paneer would have blended well with the gravy. Finally, add sugar and kasuri methi leaves and add to the gravy.
Serve this Mutter Paneer Recipe with Coconut Milk Pulao.
Tips for Matar Paneer Recipe Restaurant Style
1. If you don’t like grinding onions, it can be chopped and used.
2. Also, you can make it as a no onion - no garlic recipe (Jain Style) by skipping the onion, garlic and ginger.
3. Don't skip cashews as it adds thickness and richness to the Mutter Paneer Recipe.
5. Adjust chilli powder and garam masala powder as per spice level and flavours required.
6. I directly used the paneer, you can shallow fry it and use it for a hotel style gravy.
7. I used water (step 5), you can even replace it with milk for a rich taste.
7. You can adjust the peas and paneer quantity as per your wish.
8. If you are calorie conscious, you can replace paneer with tofu too.
9. Even fresh cream or unsweetened khoya can be added at last, for a tasty gravy.
10. Never miss adding sugar and kasuri methi leaves as it lends a perfect Matar Paneer Recipe Restaurant Style.