Mor Kuzhambu or Butter Milk kuzhambu is a traditional recipe mostly prepared in the south Indian states. There are lot of variations in making this kuzhambu but the basic rule is that the curd should be sour. It is such a simple recipe compared to other kuzhambu recipes. I mostly prepare this kuzhambu if a cup of curd is left unused for 2 or 3 days. This Vendakkai Mor Kulambu is a lite lunch side dish and does not feel heavy when taken with rice.
1. Always use sour curd. Then only this Mor Kuzhambu tastes good.
2. Whisk or blend the curd in a mixer and use, so the kuzhambu looks frothy and in the right consistency. Don’t use the curd directly without blending.
3. You can also use other boiled veggies like chow-chow, white pumpkin, arbi etc.
4. You can also add medhu vadai or paruppu urundai in the Kuzhambu. It tastes so good when soaked in kuzhambu.
5. Don’t boil the kuzhambu for a long time after adding curd. Just give one boil or else it gets curdled.
6. Don’t add more turmeric powder than mentioned. This vendakkai mor kulambu should be in pale yellow colour only. If added more then the kuzhambu looks less appetizing.