This Mint rice recipe is such a flavourful and also a quick lunch box rice variety, which can be easily prepared in a jiffy. I have tried other versions of this rice, but this is the first time, I am trying this mint pulao recipe. Whenever I buy mint leaves in my weekly purchase, I usually prepare Veg biriyani / Brinji rice or Thengai paal rice. If you have any sudden cravings for biriyani, just add some veggies like carrot, beans, cauliflower etc to this pulao and you can call this as an instant version of biriyani. As all of us know mint leaves has so many medicinal values. It helps in digestion, relieves from blocked nose, a great appetizer and mouth freshner too. Ok, over to the recipe…
Checkout my stepwise youtube video for this recipe
1. Other rice varieties like jeeraga samba, sona masoori or even left over rice can also be used.
2. Adjust green chilli as per your spice level for this mint pulao recipe.
3. For variation veggies like carrot, beans, cauliflower or even broccoli can be added.
4. Instead of grinding coconut, 1/4 cup of coconut milk can be used, which adds more taste. But adjust water accordingly.
5. Don’t skip turmeric powder as it gives bright green colour to this mint rice recipe.
6. Grind the mint leaves, just before cooking else it turns dark in colour.
7. Lemon juice can be replaced with 1/2 chopped tomato.