Today’s post is a special one, milk powder burfi recipe with step by step pics and a short you tube video. Though it does not comes under the HOLI Festival sweets, it is the easiest one to prepare for the last minute rush. It can also be called as milk fudge or instant burfi recipe, as it is made with very few ingredients and the whole process gets finished within 15 minutes. I didn’t use cardamom powder also, as I want the flavour of milk powder to be dominating. Even beginners in kitchen can try this recipe, as there is no need to worry about string consistency, unlike most other sweets. Ok, let’s hop into the recipe…..
If interested check out my other HOLI FESTIVAL RECIPES
Checkout my youtube video for this recipe
Milk powder burfi is the easiest one to prepare. It can also be called as milk fudge or instant burfi recipe, as it is made with very few ingredients and the whole process gets finished in 15 minutes.
- 2.5 Cups Milk Powder
- 1/4 Cup Ghee
- 3/4 Cup Boiled Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Optional
- Few Strands Saffron For Garnishing
- 1 tbsp Chopped Nuts Optional
Measure and keep all the ingredients ready.
In a pan, pour ghee and heat a little. Then pour the boiled milk.
Do everything in very low flame, else it gets burnt at the bottom. Add milk powder slowly and in a sprinkled way. Then add sugar and stir continuously till it dissolves.
Continue stirring in low flame and ensure there is no lumps. First it turns goey and after 2 minutes the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and it forms as a mass.
Line a tray / plate with butter paper and grease it with little ghee all around. Then transfer the mixture to the tray and level it with a ladle or spoon.
If preferred, sprinkle some nuts, saffron or decorate with silver foil or you can have it plain also. Keep undisturbed for an hour. Then place the tray on a plate and gently tap to remove. Now slowly peel the butter paper.
1. Use good quality milk powder, as it is the main ingredient used here.
2. Adjust sugar level as per sweetness preferred for this milk powder burfi recipe.
3. To make the work easier, use powdered sugar, as we need not wait for the sugar to dissolve.
4. After the addition of milk powder, stir continously and ensure there is no lumps.
5. Always do the whole process in low flame, otherwise it gets burnt at the bottom. Then it smells bad and colour also changes.
6. Don’t cook after it forms as a mass, else the burfi turns chewy.
7. For more flavour, 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder can be used for this instant burfi recipe.
8. Little nuts, saffron can be sprinkled over the burfi. It can be decorated with silver foil or had plain also.
9. This burfi stays good for 5 days when kept outside and 2 weeks under refrigeration.
Disclaimer: The silver foil used in this recipe is 100% vegan version and does not contain any animal fats in it.