This Milk kesari recipe is an another delicious sweet from the South Indian cuisine with the richness of milk. It is similar to the regular Sooji sheera, which is cooked in water and there is no big recipe alteration also. In this Paal Kesari recipe rava / sooji is cooked in milk and, that’s the recipe. I usually pair it up with potato bajji and filter coffee as an evening snack. I didn’t use any food colour, as I like to have it in the milk colour itself. The white colour gives a divine feeling and do try it for this Navratri.
If interested check out my other kesari recipes
- Rava Kesari / Sooji kesari
- Aval Kesari / Poha Sheera
- Vermicelli Kesari / Semiya kesari
- Pineapple Kesari
1. Roast rava in ghee which adds nice aroma to the paal kesari recipe. But it can be dry roasted also.
2. Also roast rava in low flame and don’t burn the rava when roasting, else the kesari taste bitter.
3. Use good quality ghee and fresh milk for good taste.
4. Ensure the rava is cooked fully before adding sugar, otherwise it becomes sticky and hard.
5. Adjust sugar as per sweetness required for this milk kesari recipe.
6. If preferred food colour can be used. But I didn’t use as I like the natural milk colour.
7. For more richness, 2 tbsp of condensed milk can be added.
8. Add ghee generously, which gives melt in mouth texture and more flavour to the kesari.
9. It thickens with time, so switch of flame when it is in slight flowing consistency.
10. This kesari stays for 2 days under refrigeration. Add little warm milk and heat it before serving.