This Masala Peanuts Recipe / Kadalai Pakoda is a very tasty and also crispy tea time snack. Not only during tea time, it can be munched happily all through the day. It can be made very easily at home, but I don’t know the reason why this peanut pakoda is so expensive in shops. If you are worrying about it is deep fried in oil, it can be roasted in microwave too and you can have it guilt free.
1. If you are using raw peanuts, dry roast in a pan, allow it to cool and then go ahead with the preparation.
2. I grinded the garlic with skin as it adds more flavour, but the skin can be removed as well.
3. Garlic and fennel seeds, can be just crushed and used instead of grinding.
4. Don’t skip rice flour as it adds crispiness to the Masala Peanuts recipe.
5. Water can be reduced and 1 ladle of hot oil can be added which also yields crispiness.
6. Addition of ghee lends a wonderful flavour to this snack.
7. Never pour water at any stage, just sprinkle only. But be sure the peanuts are well coated with the masala powder.
8. This whole peanut pakoda should be fried in medium flame only.
9. After deep frying the peanuts it will be little soggy, once its cools down it becomes crunchy.
10. 1 tsp of garam masala can be added for extra punch.
11. This kadalai pakoda stays good for 15 days and store it in an air time container.
For Microwave version
1. Grease a tray with oil. Place the peanuts and roast it in high power for 5 to 6 mins.
2. Then turn it to the other side, and again roast it for 2 to 3 mins.
3. Keep an eye in the middle that it is not burnt. Allow it to cool to become crispy.