Masala Papad recipe is a very easy starter / appetizer with onion, tomato fillings and topped with chilli powder. The first time I tasted this masala papad was at Sukh Sagar restaurant in Bangalore before 4 years. As any one can easily guess the recipe, I tried it out immediately when I reached home. The recipe I have given here is just a suggestion, you can alter the veggies and spice powders as per your taste. This is a low calorie starter and you can have it guilt free as it is not deep fried in oil.
1. Plain urad dal, jeera, or red chilli flavored papads can also be used.
2. Finely chopped cucumber, capsicum, carrot can also be used along with onions and tomatoes.
3. Always de-seed the tomatoes, else the papad becomes watery.
4. You can also deep fry the papads in oil or roast it directly in the flame also.
5. For variation amchur powder can be used for this masala papad recipe.
6. Chat masala has added black salt in it, so adjust the salt accordingly.
7. Always spread the veggie mixture just before serving else it becomes soggy.