This masala kara pori / Spicy puffed rice recipe is a very healthy, addictive, guilt free snack which can be prepared in few minutes. It is a very suitable snack for cold winter or a rainy day with a cup of chai. During karthigai deepam, I bought a big packet of puffed rice for making pori urundai and half of the pack was left back in my kitchen shelves, so thought make using of it. During this vacation, I am not in a mood to post a big recipe, as kids are making me busy always and my laziness also counts, and lets go to the recipe.
1. Adjust red chilli and chilli powder as per your spice level to this spicy puffed rice recipe.
2. Mor milagai, byadgi chilli can also be used which gives a different flavour.
3. Don’t skip peanuts as it adds crunchiness to the snack.
4. For variation, roasted cashews can also be used instead of fried gram dal.
5. If preferred, raisins can be added, it gives little sweetness to the snack, but it is optional only.
6. Add hing and curry leaves generously which adds nice flavour.
7. Garlic is the main ingredient from where the flavour of the recipe comes, also saute the garlic well.
8. Shelf life of this masala kara pori is 15 to 20 days. Store it in a dry and air tight container.