Mango Sheera Recipe a delicious, yummy sweet/dessert, perfect for this mango season. Is there anybody who doesn’t like mangoes? There is nothing fancy here, it is the regular rava kesari / sheera, with the flavour and taste of mango. The taste was awesome with melt in the mouth texture, then why waiting? Try this mango kesari recipe before the mango seasons ends….
Mango Sheera Recipe / Mango Kesari Recipe is a delicious, yummy sweet/dessert, perfect for this mango season. There is nothing fancy here, it is the regular rava kesari / sheera, with the flavour and taste of mango.
- 1/2 Cup Rava / Sooji / Semolina
- 1/4 Cup Ghee ghee
- 1/2 Cup Mango Puree
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cup Water
- 3 Cardamom
- 10 Cashews
First, measure and keep all the ingredients ready. Scoop the mango from the skin, transfer to a mixer and grind it, to make mango puree without adding water.
Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan, and add the rava / sooji. Roast rava for 4 to 5 minutes in low flame, until it changes in colour slightly and nice aroma wafts. Don't burn it, else the whole Kesari tastes bitter. Keep the roasted rava aside in a plate.
In the same pan, add cashews, cardamom and fry till golden colour. Keep the fried cashews by side. Roll boil 2 cups of water in a pan and add the mango puree. Mix the puree well with the water.
Simmer the flame, add the rava very slowly and in a sprinkled water. Mix vigorously and ensure there are no lumps.
Cover it with a lid as it splutters too much and cook for 3 to 4 minutes in low flame. The mixture would have thickened now and ensure the rava is fully cooked, before adding sugar. Now add sugar in a sprinkled way, this method also helps to avoid lump formation.
Sugar melts and the rava loosens now. Add the remaining ghee, fried cashew and cardamom. Mix well in medium flame, till the kesari leaves the sides of the pan. Switch off the flame, when the Kesari is in slightly flowing consistency itself, as it thickens with time.
Enjoy this Mango Kesari recipe with butter murukku.
1. Use good quality, sweet and fibreless mango, I used Bagnapalli.
2. Don’t use sour mango, as it will fully change the taste of the mango sheera recipe.
3. Adjust sugar depending on the sweetness of the mango.
4. Roasting rava in ghee, adds nice aroma to the mango kesari recipe, but it can be dry roasted also.
5. Roast the rava in low flame, and don’t burn the rava when roasting, else the kesari tastes bitter.
6. Ensure the rava is fully cooked before adding sugar, otherwise it becomes sticky and hard.
7. This sheera can be fully cooked in milk too, instead of water. It adds more richness and taste.
8. If preferred 2 drops of mango essence can be used, but I didn’t use, as I like the natural mango flavour.
9. Add ghee generously, which gives melt in mouth texture and softness to the kesari.
10. It thickens with time, so switch off the flame when it is in slight flowing consistency.
11. For more flavour few saffron strands can be soaked in warm milk and added.
12. It stays good for 2 days under refrigeration. Before serving, add little warm milk or water and heat it.