A Mousse is a food that incorporates air bubbles to give it a light and airy texture. It actually originated from French cuisine. Mousses are mostly prepared with egg whites, gelatin or agar-agar for setting. But this is a simple version with just three ingredients. Try this Mango Mousse Recipe for parties or any celebration and surprise your guests.
Mango Mousse Recipe | Eggless and easy Mango Mousse
- 1 Cup Mango Puree
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cream
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Peal the skin of the mango. Chop into cubes, grind it in a mixer with sugar until smooth (reserve some puree for serving). Keep by side.
- In a bowl, add fresh cream, whip it up with a blender or in hand with a wire whisk. Whisk it until smooth. Now the cream would have increased in volume (Don't over whisk the cream or else it gets curdled and you will get butter).
- Then add the mango puree and fold it gently.
- Take the serving glass and pour about 1 tblsp of mango puree as first layer. Then pour fresh cream-mango mixer as second layer.
- Chill the glass in a refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours until it sets. Garnish with mango pieces or any fruits. Serve it chilled.
2. I used Nilgiris fresh cream.
3. Don’t over beat the cream, otherwise it gets curdled, just soft and peak consistency is enough.
4. Shelf life of the Mango Mousse is 2 to 3 days under refrigeration.