This Ladies finger tamarind kootu / vendakkai puli kootu tastes so delicious when had with hot hot steaming rice and goes well with idli, dosa and even chapathi too. This is a very simple recipe, the sourness from tamarind and the spiciness from green chilli, makes this dish tastes tangy and hot with added spices. It is different from the regular kootu varieties, as we don’t use coconut or curd. Let’s go to the recipe making…..
1. Always choose tender and fresh okra’s for this ladies finger tamarind kootu.
2. Adjust green chillies as per spiciness required.
3. Always saute okra, to get rid of sliminess in the veggie.
4. Tamarind quantity can be increased or decreased as per tanginess required.
5. Tamarind extract can be replaced with 1.5 tsp of tamarind paste.
6. Addition of rice flour is a must, to give thickness to the kootu.
7. The consistency of this vendakkai puli kootu, should be saucy only not watery.
8. Other veggies like yam, cluster beans, brinjal, banana flower can also be used.