Khara sev recipe is a South Indian snack made with besan flour, rice flour and some spices like chilli powder and pepper corns. There are lot of variations in this karasev, like spicy karasev, garlic karasev, motasev, pepper karasev, sattur karasev etc but this karasev recipe is a spicy version. You can make it as a soft texture or crispy one. It is a crunchy evening tea time snack and an easy diwali snacks recipe to prepare for this festive occasion.
1. Sieve both flour for even mixing.
2. You can add only chilli powder or whole powder as per your preference.
3. Don’t add more butter than mentioned or else khara sev will break while frying itself.
4. Instead of butter, a ladle of hot oil can be added to the dough.
5. For variation of this khara sev recipe, you can add 3 to 4 pods of crushed garlic to the dough.
6. If the dough becomes dry it will be difficult to press. So sprinkle little water.
7. Don’t fry the karasev in high flame, it will give bitter taste.
8. You can use the traditional way of rubbing the dough through a big ladle which has holes in it.