Kadai Paneer Gravy Recipe / Restaurant Style Kadai Paneer with step by step photo is a very popular sidedish from Punjabi cuisine. For simple version garam masala powder can be used, but freshly roasted and grinded spice powder lends more aroma to the subji. It tastes good with soft chapathi, mint pulao and veg pulao.
If interested check out my other paneer and dinner recipes
1. Adjust chilli / pepper corns as per spice level required.
2. Red chilli can be replaced with kashmiri chilli, as it gives bright colour to the kadai paneer recipe.
3. I cubed the onion and capsicum, it can be chopped finely or julienned also.
4. To make it simpler, ready made tomato puree can also be used.
5. For vibrant colour, use red and ripe tomato for the puree.
6. Freshly grinded spice powders adds more aroma and taste to the gravy, so this is a must.
7. Don’t skip kasuri methi leaves, as it lends more flavour to the restaurant style kadai paneer.
8. If preferred paneer can be shallow fried. Keep it warm water till use to avoid the paneer turning rubbery.
9. Paneer can be replaced with tofu, as it is low in calorie and vegan .
10. After adding paneer, don’t cook for long time, otherwise the paneer turns dense.
11. Addition of cream is optional, but it adds more taste to the gravy.