Instant Wheat Dosa Recipe / Godhuma Dosa Recipe with step by step pics and a short Youtube video. If you like my video, please share it and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to my channel. A simple, healthy dosa, made with whole wheat flour perfect for any time for breakfast or dinner idea. As wheat flour has a high glycemic index, it is a good choice for people following a diabetic diet. If you are not able to prepare any elaborate breakie or run out of idli batter, then try this gothambu dosa, as it does not need any grinding or fermentation process. I like soft dosa, if you prefer super crispy dosa, increase the rice flour and it perfectly pairs well with coconut chutney, onion chutney, Tomato chutney etc.
Check my other Dosa Recipes like
Instant Wheat Dosa Recipe | Godhuma Dosa Recipe
- ½ Cup Wheat Flour / கோதுமை மாவு
- ¼ Cup Rice Flour / அரிசிமாவு
- 2½ Cup Water / தண்ணீர் / Buttermilk Link for Buttermilk
- 1 Onion / பெரிய வெங்காயம்
- 1 Green Chilli / பச்சைமிளகாய்
- 1 Small Piece Ginger / இஞ்சி
- ¼ tsp Jeera / சீரகம்
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves / கொத்தமல்லி இலை
- Salt / உப்பு As Required
- Oil / Ghee / எண்ணெய் As Required (For Making Dosa)
- First, measure and keep all the ingredients ready. Then, chop the onion, green chilli and ginger finely.
- To a wide bowl, add the wheat flour, rice flour and cumin seeds. Then, add the onion, green chilli, ginger and coriander leaves.
- Now pour the buttermilk and water.
- Then flip it to the other side and cook for another 1 minute. If you don’t want to flip it, cook covered for 2 minutes in a medium flame. Do the same with the remaining batter.
Tips for Godhuma Dosa Recipe1. I used sour buttermilk to prepare the batter which lends a good taste to the Godhuma Dosa Recipe.
2. Buttermilk can be replaced with same quantity of water too, even 1 tbsp of curd can be used as it gives nice colour to the dosa.
3. For more crispiness, 1 tbsp of roasted rava can be added to the batter.
4. Ensure the batter is without any lumps and mix the batter well each time before making dosa, as it settles down.
5. If the batter is too thick dilute it with water or buttermilk and if it is watery, add 1 or 2 tbsp of rice flour and mix again. 6. Don't skip ginger, cumin seeds, as adds a nice aroma and helps in digestion too.
7. For more taste, onion, ginger, green chilli can be sauteed in oil and seasoned with mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and hing. This can be added to the batter.
8. Rice flour can be replaced with the same quantity of idli batter too.
9. The tawa should be always hot enough, before preparing the dosa.
10. Do prepare the Instant Wheat dosa recipe in low flame, to get golden colour and proper cooking.
11. This batter stays good for a day under refrigeration.
Method for Instant Wheat Dosa Recipe
1. First, measure and keep all the ingredients ready. Then, chop the onion, green chilli and ginger finely.
2. To a wide bowl, add the wheat flour, rice flour and cumin seeds. Then, add the onion, green chilli, ginger and coriander leaves.
3. Now pour the buttermilk and water.
4. Add required salt and whisk the batter without any lumps. Set the batter aside for 15 to 30 minutes, you can make the dosa instantly too but resting the batter gives a nice taste to the dosa. Mix the batter again each time before making dosa, as it settles at the bottom.
5. Now, heat a dosa tawa, pour a ladle of batter in the centre. Spread the batter to the edges and simmer the flame. Once the dosa is half cooked, smear it with oil or ghee.
6. Then flip it to the other side and cook for another 1 minute. If you don’t want to flip it, cook covered for 2 minutes in a medium flame. Do the same with the remaining batter.
Try this Godhuma Dosa Recipe with Mint Chutney or Coriander Chutney.