Ragi or finger millet in English, Nachani in Marathi, Kezhvaragu in Tamil is known as a perfect diabetic and infant friendly cereal. It helps to balance the insulin level for diabetic patients and it is loaded with calcium and iron. High amount of dietary fibre present in the ragi, keeps the stomach full, minimize the food cravings and gives a filling diet for people with diabetes. If you are tired of doing chapathi or don’t have idli batter in hand, then ragi dosa is the best choice, as there is no grinding part or fermenting process as required for making idli / dosa. Do try this instant ragi dosa recipe, if you are bored of regular dosa and surprisingly you like a lot.
1. For healthier version, sprouted ragi flour can be used.
2. Addition of rice is must, as it gives stiffness to the dosa.
3. To make it diabetic friendly, rice flour can be substituted with wheat flour.
4. Rice flour /wheat flour can be replaced with same quantity of all purpose flour/ maida. But maida is always unhealthy.
5. Use only sour buttermilk for this instant ragi dosa recipe.
6. Water can be used in place of buttermilk. But I recommend using atleast 1/4 cup of buttermilk.
7. The batter should be watery than the normal dosa batter.
8. For more taste don’t skip onion, chilli and jeera. But you can prepare this as plain dosa also.
9. Ghee / butter can be used for making dosa, if you are calorie conscious do it with oil only.