Chocolates at home, that too with just 4 ingredients, amazing right!!! It’s such an easy process, which can be finished in 10 minutes, then the only thing is the setting time which takes 2 hours. If you try it once, you will never ever buy store bought chocolates, which is so expensive, also have a lot of sugar and flavouring agents. You can even wrap it in colour papers and gift pack too. Also, I have shared this Homemade Chocolate Recipe with step by step pics and a short YouTube video. If you like it, please don’t forgot to subscribe to my channel.
Homemade Chocolate Recipe / How to make chocolate recipe is an easy process, which can be finished in 10 minutes, apart from 2 hours of setting time.
- 1 Cup Powder Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 Cup Milk Powder
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Nuts - Almonds / Pecan (Optional)
- First, measure and keep all the ingredients ready. Then sieve powdered sugar, cocoa powder and milk powder once.
Double Boiler Method: Place a pan filled with the 1/4th level of water and start heating. Then place another pan over it (it should be slightly bigger than the pan placed under, so the water does not get inside). It is very important to follow this step, else the chocolate mixture becomes brittle. Now pour the coconut oil in the second bowl.
- Let it get heated for a minute. Then add the sieved powdered sugar, cocoa powder and milk powder.
- Start mixing everything in low flame for 2 to 3 minutes, until there are no lumps. Then switch off the flame.
- Keep the chocolate mould ready. If you don't have the moulds, you can use small disposable cups. Fill each mould with the chocolate mixture. Shake a little, so the air bubble releases. If using nuts: first fill it with the chocolate mixture to 1/2 of the level, then sprinkle some nuts and pour little more chocolate mixture till the edge of the mould (watch the video for more details, I have shared the method).
- Wipe the sides with a tissue paper. Place the mould in the fridge for a minimum time of 2 hours. Then remove it gently and keep refrigerated.
Try this Homemade Chocolate Recipe for your kids birthday or any special occasions.
Tips for Homemade Chocolate Recipe
- Use good quality and fine cocoa powder for a silky/smooth chocolates.
- Sieving the dry ingredients is a must to get a smooth homemade chocolate recipe.
- Never heat the chocolate mixture in direct flame, always follow the Double Boiler Method (step:2).
- Ensure the water from the bottom pan, does not get into the chocolate mixture, else it becomes brittle/hard. So, choose vessels accordingly.
- I used coconut oil which is used for cooking/edible, not the hair oil.
- Coconut oil can be replaced with butter or any vegetable oil too. Some people use margarine but it is not good for health.
- For more flavour, 1 tsp of vanilla essence or chocolate essence or even instant coffee powder can be added to the chocolate mixture.
- For a nutty taste, almonds/ pecans nuts/ peanuts or even raisins can be added in the chocolates.
- To make it more attractive, the chocolates can be rolled in desiccated coconut/ powdered sugar or in colour sprinkles.
- This chocolate stays good for 4 to 5 months under refrigeration.